Baccarat 101: Tips and tricks on winning the pot money
Are you looking for a new casino game to play? You should give baccarat a try. It is a card comparing game played between two hands: the player and the banker with a standard deck of 52 cards. There are three possible outcomes when playing baccarat. It is either the player or banker wins or it’s a tie. If the banker or the player gets a 0, the dealer can deal out more cards to determine the winner.
The origin of the game is an ongoing debate. There are several traces that the first baccarat game was played in the 19th century. However, other sources have claimed that the game was introduced by the Italian soldiers in France from the Franco-Italian War during the reign of Charles VIII at the end of the 15th century.
Among the reasons why baccarat is one of the most popular games at Bitcasino is that it is one of the easiest card games to play. You just need to bet on the banker or player’s hand and have a total card value of 9 or the closest value to it.
The scoring system of baccarat might seem confusing at first but you’ll definitely get a hang of it once you already know the basics. It is also best to see which bet is going to yield more profit by knowing the game’s house age.
With the popularity of baccarat, there are several variants introduced in the market. Some of these are:
- Baccarat Banque – one of the oldest variants that originated in France wherein there are only 3 decks of cards used. The first banker of the round is also the one with the highest bet
- Punto Banco – it is the classic version of baccarat but is only played with 6 standard decks of 52 cards. Wagering on a tie bet is only allowed when the player and the banker’s hands are equal
- European baccarat – the players can stand or draw when their hand value is 5. The banker is allowed to decide whether or not to draw an extra card as well
- Chemin de fer – the players can bet against each other. In each round, the players take turns to become the banker with 6 standard decks of cards. Keep in mind that the banker also sets aside a certain amount of money to wager
- Mini baccarat – it is played similar to Punto Banco but has lowered stakes and is played on a smaller or blackjack-sized table at a quicker pace
Best baccarat tips you should know
When playing baccarat and other table games, you should know the basics. This will give you an upper hand against other players. For more chances of winning, here are some of the top baccarat tips to take the pot money home:
Know the rules
Baccarat is one of the easiest card games to play. However, it is best to check the rules first because there are different variants available. Knowing the rules also makes it easier for you to decide which bet to place. You should also be familiar with the most used baccarat terms. Some of these are:
- Coup – it is a French word that describes a dealer and player’s hand
- Standoff – a term used to describe a tie
- Cut – divide the deck of cards in two after shuffling the card
- Table of play – when all of the players receives a third card
- Burning – discard 3 to 6 cards after shuffling and before the start of play
- Flat bet – placing the same amount of bet whether your hand is losing and winning
Avoid changing your strategy
Even if you already know the basics, avoid changing your gaming strategy in the middle of the game because it might ruin your flow. If you are on a losing streak, it is best to leave the table and play another game instead.
Pay close attention to the table and observe the movement of other players. Aside from learning their strategies, you also get to see whether they have a winning or losing hand.
Bet on the banker
It is highly recommended to bet on the banker at all times. This is because the banker has a little more than 50% chance of winning. If the banker loses, keep calm and don’t jump into another bet.
Play short sessions
If you are new to the betting community, you should play short baccarat sessions before placing huge bets. This is to make sure that you already know the flow of the game. Short baccarat sessions also serve as a training ground for new players.
Check out the streaks
Keep an eye out for streaks because they can predict your chances of winning. When playing on the player’s side and noticing that the banker’s side hits 3 or 4 times in a row, you should wait for the streak to end.
Tie bets do not count
You can always wager on tie bets but they are somewhat invisible. This simply means that they do not count and only acts as the ‘pause button’ of the game. With tie bets, it is neither the banker nor the player who loses the round.
Play with small bets
Whether you are a frequent bettor or not, it is best to play with smaller bets. With this, you get to avoid betting too much or losing a bigger amount of money in the long run.
Forget the system
There is nothing wrong if you want to try different betting systems buzzing around. However, you should not completely rely on them because there is no proof that they can secure your winnings. It is best to look for the best baccarat strategy that suits you.
Playing baccarat at Bitcasino is a lot of fun especially once you get the basics down. What are you waiting for? Choose the baccarat variant that suits your preference and have a great time!